Serums are targeted products with higher levels of the active ingredients that make a big difference in how the skin behaves. You might find some of these same ingredients in a moisturizer, but at a lesser concentration.
Where moisturizers are designed to add moisture and minimize Trans-Epidermal Water Loss (TEWL), serums are designed to penetrate the skin, leaving little on the surface of the skin.
A serum can be any texture from a light liquid-gel, a slightly viscous gel, or a lotion. Some serums even have a creamier texture. What they all have in common is the ability to be absorbed rapidly into the skin, penetrating to a level where they can make the most difference.Why we love face serums:
- Versatile - spot treat, use alone or add to creams
- Potent - do more with less
- Targeted - address anything with the right treatment
- A powerful part of any skincare routine
- Can be very nutrient rich
- Contain less fillers than lotions
- Absorb quickly
- Highly concentrated