Scientists became interested in resveratrol because of its antioxidant properties. Resveratrol is a naturally-occurring polyphenol compound that is found in red wine, red or purple grapes, some berries, and dark chocolate. Resveratrol, like other antioxidants, causes the body to efficiently detoxify molecules that oxidize other molecules and tissues. When the ingredient is applied topically, the main functionality of resveratrol helps to protect the skin's surface.
- Protects the skin - Resveratrol is able to interrupt negative environmental influences as well as protect the skin from UV damage. It helps boost your skinís natural barriers so that your skin looks and feels smoother and healthier
- Slows aging - Resveratrol works on a cellular level in order to fight the process of aging by stimulating healthy cell proliferation.
- Reduces redness - Resveratrol contains key skin-calming properties that help minimize the look of redness and inflammation.
- Evens skin - Not only does resveratrol brighten and even your skin tone, but it also works to improve the overall texture of your skin.
- Hydrates the skin - Resveratrol can hydrate your skin and prevent it from becoming dry.