Striae® Stretch Mark Crème with Regenetrol Complex® is the first product ever studied found to definitely reduce the appearance of stretch marks in a short, double-blind clinical study."
- "Regenetrol: Clinical Efficacy On Stretch Marks In A Double-Blind Controlled Study," by Lawrence S. Moy, MD, Emily Hsu, B.S."
What are Stretch Marks?
Stretch marks are a common problem that affect many men and women. They commonly appear as an unsightly red and/or white streak across the hips, stomach, breasts, thighs, arms, and shoulders. The streaks are often ridges of
very thin weak skin. The most common reason they occur is from pregnancy; however, other reasons include rapid growth spurts, weight lifting, rapid weight
gain or loss, and medical steroid use.
What is Regenetrol Complex®?
Regenetrol Complex® is a specialized natural compound derived from purified botanicals ingredients.
Developed and tested by Lawrence S. Moy, MD in Manhattan Beach, California, a double-blind clinical study has proven its effectiveness in over 70% of patients. Independent tests confirm the success in treating stretch marks with a stretch mark cream containing the patented ingredient, Regenetrol Complex®,
U.S. Patents 5,759,555 and 5,928,659.
- 40 patients applied the crème to one side of the body (focused on the thigh and buttock).
- Patients also applied a control cream to the other side of body.
- Evaluations were scaled for mild, moderate, and marked improvement in the stretch marks.
Blinded Evaluation of Striae® Stretch Mark Crème
Improvements in the Characteristics of Stretch Marks
- 20 patients applied the crème to one side of the body.
- A control cream was applied to the other side of the body.
- Evaluations were made by a skin professional with no knowledge of which side had been treated with the active crème.
- The skin professional correctly identified the treated area 95% of the time.
Increased Skin Thickness
- >Patients were evaluated for improvement in various parameters of stretch marks.
- Parameters: overall improvement, redness, hypopigmentation, hyperpigmentation, and ridging.
- The crème was applied for 6 weeks.
- Patients were biopsied for changes in skin thickness before and after the 6 week treatment course.
- The following parameters were measured:
- Epidermis: upper layer of the skin
- Dermis: deeper layer of the skin
- Overall: total skin thickness
- Thickness was measured using a skin micrometer.