SKIN TYPES - ACNE-PRONE, HYPERPIGMENTATION, ROSACEA
Oil-free EltaMD UV Clear helps calm and protect sensitive skin types prone to discoloration and breakouts associated to acne and rosacea. It contains niacinamide (vitamin B3), hyaluronic acid and lactic acid, ingredients that promote the appearance of healthy-looking skin. Very lightweight and silky, it may be worn with makeup or alone.
EltaMD® UV Clear SPF 46 combines the broad-spectrum sunscreen protection of zinc oxide with the skin care benefits of Niacinamide to calm and protect sensitive, acne-prone skin. It is formulated with 5% high-purity Niacinamide (vitamin B3) to help reduce the appearance of blemishes, discoloration, and photo-damaged skin.
Niacinamide’s effect on blemishes such as acne, as well as skin discoloration, has been proven scientifically many times over. Niacinamide’s management of acne in study after study suggests it to be highly effective. In one study, as many as 82% of people with inflammatory acne showed improvement after using Niacinamide as a topical treatment for eight weeks. Additionally, 60% had significant reductions in papules/pustules and 52% had a reduction in the severity of their acne.*
EltaMD UV Clear is ideal for daily use for various skin types and works well alone or under makeup. As are all our sunscreens, EltaMD UV Clear is oil-free, sensitivity-free, fragrance-free, paraben-free and non-comedogenic.
*Shalita AR, Smith JG, Parish LC, Sofman MS, Chalker DK. Topical nicotinamide compared with clindamycin gel in the treatment of inflammatory acne vulgaris. Int J Dermatol, 34(6),434-437, 1995Niacinamide:
- Also known as nicotinamide and nicotinic acid amide.
- Niacinamide is a part of the family of Vitamin B3 or niacine without the same toxic effects.
- The purer form used in UV Clear has less or no nicotinic acid which can cause flushing or irritation. (also odor)
- Niacinamide has been shown to:
- Reduce transepidermal water loss (TEWL)
- Boost free fatty acids and ceramides in stratum corneum
- Stimulate new fibroblasts and collagen secretion
- Inhibit the transfer of melanosomes to keratinocytes (even out dis-coloration)
- Have the same effect on acne as a 1% clindamycin gel
Zinc Oxide 9.0%, Octinoxate 7.5%.Inactive Ingredients:
Purified Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Niacinamide, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Polyisobutene, PEG-7 Trimethylolpropane Coconut Ether, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lactic Acid, Oleth-3 Phosphate, Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane.