Purpura is a condition characterized by purplish lesions in the skin caused by the formation of hemosiderin produced from the small bleeding vessels near the surface of the skin. Chronic purpura results from repeated trauma or in individuals whose vasculature has become fragile, as in actinic or senile purpura. The condition is typically seen on the hands and arms and/or legs and feet causing an unsightly appearance often distressing to the patient.
Auriderm Vanishing Gel with 1% Vitamin K Oxide can help reduce or improve the appearance of chronic purpura.
- Ideal for older patients suffering from senile purpura
- Safe for patients on blood thinners
- Clears most cases in 6-8 weeks if no new injury has occurred
- Soothing and non-irritating; can be used continuously to prevent recurrence
- Available in convenient 50 g size for long term use